A study on James 5: 1-12, based on the sermon: Are You Ready To Meet Your Maker?
- Take a few minutes as a group to recap on the issues James has been addressing in his letter up to the end of chapter 4, are any of those issues more or less relevant today? Discuss.
- Read verses 1-6. Why are the rich people being told to weep and groan; is it their money, if not what?
- How much do we have to have before we’re rich? Read 1 Chronicles 29: 10-20 for context.
- If these verses are predominantly aimed at rich people who aren’t Christians, where is the lesson/application for us today?
- Read verses 7-12. As you read through notice and discuss each one of the commands or instructions James gives, how do they apply to us today in 21st century Ely?
- How do these two halves of the reading (1-6 &7-12) fit together to give a clear message about justice?
- take some time as a group to pray for each other and the whole church as we seek to apply this passage to our lives – Also please focus some prayer time on ‘the brick’ (God building His Church).