Some questions based on Acts 1:1-11
Here is the sermon these questions are linked to: The ascension… So what?!
- Do we know anything about who wrote Acts and to whom it was written, and why? if so what, and does it matter much?
- What do we know about the time that Jesus spent with His disciples during that period of 40 days after the Crucifixion (from this account and others)
- What do the disciples mean by restoring the kingdom? (cf Ezekiel 38ff, Isaiah60ff, Matthew 13, Revelation 19ff)
- How far away did Jesus go, and why did He have to go?
- What does the bible tell us about Christ’s return and the significance of the Mount of Olives?
- How does a good understanding of the ascension help us in our Christian walk?