This week, instead of working through a list of questions set for you, read the passage ( Luke 14: 25-35) and then phrase by phrase, as a group explain it together, and to each other.
If you missed Dave’s sermon here’s the link – Jesus demands we give Him everything
After your study please take some time to pray: for each other, our fellowship and Sierra Leone.
Some study questions For James 4:11-17.
Here’s the sermon if you missed it… The Games Christians Play
- In which kinds of ways might we “speak evil against each other”? Check back on what James said in chapter 3; maybe as a group you’ll find some other bible passages that say similar things?
- What does it mean to judge a brother or sister? Does this mean we can’t point out others’ sins? Why or why not?
- What is the difference between the kind of unpleasantness/judging here, and proper correction? So how do we balance confronting people with their sin and the fact that God is The judge?
- Does verse 13 mean that making plans is evil? What about if your Pastor says, “I’ll move to Littleport and spend a year there, start a new church and train leaders and then move on to another place.” Would that be wrong?
- How can we know God’s will?
- Pastor said in the sermon that “it’s not difficult to know God’s will” – if that’s so, then why do so many Christians say things like, “I just don’t know what The Lord wants me to do?”
- Share as a group any areas for prayer that you are seeking the Lord on, and spend some time praying for one another as well as the worship and witness of New Connexions.