This study is based on the two sermons below and so it would be beneficial to have heard them prior to the study:
- What do we know about this letter (why and when did Paul write etc.), Colossae, and the Colossian church?
- Read the passage: Colossians 1:1-14
- Work through the passage again – slowly, paying particular attention to what it teaches us about prayer. Which aspects of Paul’s approach to prayer might be missing in our prayer lives? Discuss and then consider how this can be put right.
- How can we know the will of God? Discuss this question in some depth, it’s a major topic amongst Christians today, yet the answer is plain and simple, so why do we still struggle.
- Please take some time together praying for each other and the wider fellowship; that we may know more and more of Jesus in our lives.